RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.6 shutdown by itself

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:35:54 +0100

tis 2006-11-14 klockan 14:44 -0500 skrev Jason Gauthier:

> I'm under the limit on all my log files.

> > > FATAL: logfileWrite: /var/log/squid/store.log: (11) Resource
> > > temporarily unavailable

The above is the reason to why Squid shut down. For some reason your OS
denied Squid from writing to /var/log/squid/store.log at the time.
Unfortunately the error description shown on these errors isn't reliable
(gets trashed by Squid before it's reported) so other sources of
information has to be consulted to find the cause to why writing to
store.log failed.

Common causes include

a) The magic 2GB barrier already mentioned, but this usually results in
a silent sudden death..

b) Running out of disk space

c) Hardware failures

I would recommend you check your systems messages/syslog to see if there
is any additional clues there in addition to the diskspace, logfile size
checks etc which you already have done..