Re: [squid-users] Empty access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:18:15 +0100

ons 2006-11-22 klockan 12:31 +0000 skrev Zebu Lebu:

> However, the access.log logfile is blank - no activity has been
> logged. Do I have to set up authentication for accesses to be logged?
> I thought that access would be logged irrespective of whether I'd set
> up authentication but, if I've got this wrong, can someone please let
> me know?

You need an access_log entry in squid.conf for accesses to be logged.

It's completely unrelated to authentication. Only relation is that on
authentication the logs will also include a username..

If you have an access_log entry in your squid.conf then check cache.log
on startup. Perhaps there is a permission issue or similar.