[squid-users] Empty access.log

From: Zebu Lebu <zebulebu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:31:21 +0000

Hi folks

Please be gentle with me - I'm a helpless noob :)

I have set up Squid on a Windows 2003 box using Serassio's Windows
port and the Kraken Squid Config. All I'm looking to do at the moment,
before moving on to ACLs and Block Lists, is to cache and log Internet
requests.

The caching part is working fine - I've configured a browser on my LAN
with the IP Address and port of the proxy box, generated a load of web
traffic and the cache is filling up nicely, so i know requests are
going through the proxy.

However, the access.log logfile is blank - no activity has been
logged. Do I have to set up authentication for accesses to be logged?
I thought that access would be logged irrespective of whether I'd set
up authentication but, if I've got this wrong, can someone please let
me know?

I've been searching for an answer to this for a while now but can't
find anything on previous positings to this mailing list or any other
group - I've given the 'everyone' group write access to the directory
that the logfile is stored in after reading a post that seemed to
indicate this may be the problem (although that user was running Squid
on Linux) but it didn't help.

Thanks!