[squid-users] Can Squid *be* the origin server for certain URLs?

From: Ben Drees <ben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:29:09 -0800

Hi,

I'm running several Squids (2.5 STABLE 12) in a reverse proxy setup
behind a load balancer. I want the load balancer to be able to health
check the Squids independent of whether the origin servers are currently
available (there are other health checks that cover all bases). For
various reasons, using cachemgr or "cache_object://" urls won't work. I
would like to carve a magic URL out of the URL space, something like
"/status", and have Squid just return 200 OK whenever that URL is
requested. Is there a way to configure such behavior, or will I have to
touch the code to make this work?

Thanks,
Ben