[squid-users] Best way to ensure cacheability

From: Mike Leong <leongmzlist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:26:33 -0800

Hi,

I'm currently using squid to reverse proxy cgi requests to our
backend. I'm currently using some really aggressive refresh_pattern rules
to make sure cache objects never get automatically purged. If something
got changed in our backend servers, I manually purge the affected objects.

As the number of objects being cached increase, it's getting more difficult
to purge stuff. We're prepare to fix our backend webservers to do whatever
it takes to make it such that squid can fetch new fresh objects, should
anything in the backend get updated.

My question is, what can we do to our backend to accomplish this.

Currently, here's a sample header, dumped from a cache object:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Set-Cookie: blabla Expires=Sun, 08-Jul-2007 08:53:52 GMT #1 year from request
TokenId: token-5102989651042811735-115234883242417937