Re: [squid-users] Need Help in authentication

From: Sameer Joshi <sameer.joshi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:42:04 +0530 (IST)

This is what I found in FAQ

"23.6 Authentication in accelerator mode

Authentication is by default disabled in acceleartor mode in Squid-2.X due
to conflicts with transparent interception. To enable this feature, at the
top of acl.c add the following line:

#define AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION 1

Then "make install".

This feature is somewhat hidden because

    * It hasn't been fully thought over yet. There are issues in caching
when combined with authentication, and more so when there is also
authentication to the backend servers..
    * It easilly collides with transparent proxying, and many people
simply refuses to read warnings that a feature cannot be used in a
transparent proxy and try so anyhow.

The whole concept of "acceleration" in Squid is currently being reworked
for the Squid-3.0 release to fix this and a number of other issues."

Is there anything I am missing

Sameer Joshi