[squid-users] WCCP on Squid 2.6 (URGENT)

From: Dumpolid Exeplish <dumpexec@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:33:53 +0100

Hi everyone,
or abot a week now, i have been trying to configure WCCP (V2) on Squid
to work with a Cisco 3640 router. Squid was able to register with the
router (this was aftr i configured gre tunnels, and enable iptables
redirect). Now my network administrator says he would like to have
WCCP enabled on a layer 2 (because we would be implementing this on a
6509) and also that Squid should be configured to register to a
multicats ip address so that several routers withing this group can
get the registration request and use the squid box together.
i have tested the multicast ip address with the 3640 but the router
was unable to register this. i think it has to do with the fact that
the Squid box is not enabled for multicast.

so

1) is it possible to use Squid's WCCP capabilities with a multicast address?
2) is it possible to register with more than 1 cisco router
3) is it possible to do layer 2 WCCP as against layer 3 ?

thanks