Re: [squid-users] transparent or vhost

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:54:51 +0100

fre 2006-12-01 klockan 17:41 -0200 skrev Btobew:
> hi, I will do a reverse proxy, like internet ---> apache+modproxy ----> squid ---> 1.000 partners sites.
>

> and I don´t know what cache model I need , transparent or accelerator ( vhost ). what is the most indicated ?

How is the traffic sent to the proxy? By transparent interception by
firewall/NAT rules on the Squid server, or by explicit configuration or
DNS?

If transparent interception then transparent is what you are looking
for.

If explicit proxy forwarding by Apache then neither, just a plain proxy
port.

If Apache thinks Squid is the origin server then vhost.