Re: [squid-users] how to get the max usable FD number squid used

From: Itzcak Pechtalt <itzcak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:36:47 +0200

Even if the compiled MAX_FD is large, you have to permit local squid to open
more then 1024 file descriptors. The value depends in Linux system on
/etc/security/limits.conf, and maybe different for every installation,
or to be changed dynamically.
 To chnage it on the fly run ulimit before runing squid.
for example: ulimit -n 32000

Itzcak