Re: [squid-users] AOL's webmail and logging in

From: Scott Jarkoff <jarkolicious@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:00:18 +0900

On 12/12/06, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> No ideas at the moment, safe for getting packet level traffic captures
> of both sessions and starting at them to see if anything obvious sticks
> out..

I ran a few tcpdump sessions and did not find anything out of the
ordinary. Squid appears to be getting answers back from
registration.aol.com, although I am unsure if these are the responses
required in order for everything to function normally.

> Btw, is this a transparent interception setup, or is the browser
> configured to use the proxy? If transparent interception try configuring
> the browser to use the proxy.

Does, maybe, ISA rewrite something that possibly Squid does not, which
would cause this to work? I know Microsoft is good for "cleaning up"
areas that it really should stay out of and wonder if that might be
happening in this instance?

Has anyone else experienced any similar issues or is anyone able to
duplicate this? Just wondering if it is only me. :-)

Regards,

Scott