Re: [squid-users] generic kerberos support in 2.6?

From: Brian J. Murrell <brian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:54:51 -0500

On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 21:21 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> Probably, a helper supporting this native KRB5 blob is ideal,

It has further occurred to me, that ntlm_auth *has* to be the helper
that supports this native KRB5 Negotiate goop, unless one can ensure
that no AD authenticating windows clients will be part of the network.

I wonder what the chances any normal office type setting can make that
guarantee?

Does not wanting to use an MS server for the authentication really
preclude the use of SPNEGO? I.e. is there any good reason why a browser
on Linux delivering simply KRB5 credentials *cannot* wrap it all in
SPNEGO? It sure would make things easier if it could/should. Maybe
some gecko code analysis is needed. ~sigh~

This is probably staring to grow a little OT for this list though.

b.

Brian J. Murrell