Re: [squid-users] generic kerberos support in 2.6?

From: Brian J. Murrell <brian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:47:44 -0500

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 11:06 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> The Negotiate scheme is SPNEGO by definition.

Hrm. Firefox seems to disagree, at least in it's implementation. Squid
sends "Negotiate" as the authentication mechanism and Firefox responds
with Kerberos.

> Native KRB5 is the Kerberos scheme..

I see. I wonder, given that Firefox sends native KRB5 with Negotiate if
it will even recognize Kerberos as a mechanism?

> But adding a native Kerberos interface to ntlm_auth would make sense as
> well, much like it has a native NTLM interface. Skipping SPNEGO.

Perhaps.

b.

Brian J. Murrell