Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy and Apache logging

From: Heikki Lampén <heikki.lampen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:31:09 +0200

On 1/4/07, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> If you want to have Apache access rules based on the source IP then it's
> a little tricker, but there is patches to Apache for doing that.

I had this problem a while ago and I thought of using the
X-Forwarded-For header in apache's confs in this manner:

SetEnvIf X-Forwarded-For 10.1.1.1 TRUSTED_USER

Allow from env=TRUSTED_USER

which can be fine-grained into a usable version by able Apachemen. I think. :-)

Heikki

--
Heikki Lampen
heikki.lampen@gmail.com