[squid-users] Re: Caching content on private servers

From: WebHead <webhead74@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 16:29:24 -0500

I'm following the directions here:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy?action=print
for setting up a reverse proxy, however they don't seem to be working.

I'm running 2.5.STABLE14 on Fedora Core 5.

The very first instruction says to add:
http_port 80 defaultsite=your.main.website

when I configure my settings & run squid -z, I get:
FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 53: http_port 81 defaultsite=10.10.10.107

If I change that to read only:
http_port 81

it accepts it.

However, the second instruction on that page:
cache_peer ip.of.webserver 80 0 no-query originserver

also fails with:
FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 176: cache_peer 10.10.10.107 80 0
no-query originserver

so what gives?? This is the default install of squid from fedora. Am
I missing something or what?

Thank you.
Mike