Re: [squid-users] Re: Web-based configurator???

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:36:10 +0800

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007, squidie wrote:

> I know about *nix strategy "few small programs do work better than one
> big program a 'swiss knife'" (smth like that). But as I see nobody tried
> to compare squid + webmin and squid with included web-based
> configurator. I think it's possible to make squid better (with the
> configurator) and not to make it less stable.

Its something that I'd like to see bundled with Squid. In fact, what
I'd really like to see is a web cache management suite for Squid which
configuration and logfile management.

It'd be nice to have it bundled with Squid - unfortunately some of the
functionality would be platform specific: eg managing cache dirs,
managing network interfaces, handling logfile rotation, transparent
interception configuration.

So if someone wants to take a stab at it please be my guest :)

Adrian