Re: [squid-users] Squid to prompt for NTLM

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:33:56 +0100

>Scenario: A public computer that only allows 1 generic domain user to
>log in. I require this so I can use GPO against this one user. I want
>whoever logs on with this generic user to be prompted for NT Auth and
>they would type in there NT credentials

Use an ACL for this machine (fixed IP is necessary) and allow only basic
auth, not NTLM auth, for it.
Yo cannot make Windows pop up a box in the NTLM auth process since NTLM
ist not designed in this way.
It is important that you allow only one Auth scheme or you will have to
care about the order; for details see

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ProxyAuthentication

Hope this helps,
Jakob Curdes