[squid-users] Distribued ACL|

From: Tom Lobato <tomlobato@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:59:25 -0200

    Hello!

    My scenario: 1 organization headquarter, with linux+squid and ~90
offices, each one with 3 to 5 machines. So I can`t install linux+squid
for all. I`m thinking about run one SquidNT (all external machines run
M$) for each remote office. But the ACL management must to be
centralized: if I block 'playboy.com' on headquarter squid, all must
to receive such update and run 'squid -k reconfigure'.
    Well, I can implement a client/server pair with authentication for
send/receive updates, also use stunnel (www.stunnel.org) to make all
updates secure with SSL. Sure, the server will read relevants squid.conf
acl's and http_access's and send to client, that will insert it to local
squid.conf. Such client/server likely will be at full time connec., to
make updates instantaneous
    This is what I could idealize.

                        SquidNT
                              ^ upd.
              upd. | upd.
quidNT <----- SQUID+LINUX -------> SquidNT

    I would like to hear you opinion, maybe critics.
    Also hear if anyone has another idea, or know a open implementation
for reach such goal.

    Thank you
    Tom Lobato