Re: [squid-users] squid + ie7 + ftp problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:27:00 +0100

ons 2007-01-17 klockan 16:52 +0000 skrev A.Sharaz:
> Chaps,
> We seem to be having a wee problem when people attempt to access an ftp
> site via ie7 using a url of the form ftp://fred@sosme.ftp.site.com
>
> The user doesn't get prompted for a password.

True, because MSIE does not implement this when using proxies.

> Using firefox works just fine.

True, as Firefox does implement this function when using proxies.

In both cases it's somewhat outside the specifications. The specified
way of doing non-anonymous FTP URLs is ftp://user:password@host/

> Ie6 works though the caches just fine.

Not my experience.. but it may vary with the patch level or underlying
OS version..