Re: [squid-users] [SOLVED] Strange issue with a 301 redirect and reverse proxying...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:33:22 +0100

ons 2007-01-17 klockan 12:42 -0500 skrev David Fix:

> I'm running squid and apache on a single server, running squid on port 80,
> and apache on port 81.

Heh.. all famous "server doesn't know it's real public URL" problem in
accelerator setups..

> So, in case anyone is having this problem, I solved this by doing the
> following:
>
> In httpd.conf, I have the following:
> ---
> Port 80
> Listen 81
> UseCanonicalName On
> ---

A more generic solution is to have Apache listen on port 80, but a
different IP. If Apache and Squid runs on the same server then the usual
setup is to have Squid listen on the external IP and Apache on
127.0.0.1.

But it's cool you can tell Apache the difference in port numbers. Didn't
know that.