Re: [squid-users] redirect by url and port

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:08:17 -0900

William.Z.Holder@transport.qld.gov.au wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> am I asking too much of Squid to try and get it to redirect to
> another proxy depending on the url AND the port?

See the following directives in squid.conf.default:

acl myport
  or
acl port
acl dstdomain
cache_peer_access

Using a combination of those you can direct traffic to various peers at
will.

> I'm trying to get away from using a pac file, and this would clear up
> large sections of the pac file.
> I've defined the other proxy as a child (using cache_peer)

Last I checked, cache_peer allowed specifying parents and siblings. :o)

> and I have
> set up an acl to load in a file with the url (www.somesite.com:9999 etc).

You are not going to be able to specify both the URL and the port in one
acl. See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl for more details.

> I'm just a bit unclear of how to get the redirection to work, if it
> can be done.

Hopefully, I have given you a starting point. I'm a bit unclear on what
you are trying to do though, so I apologize if I haven't helped.

> Regards,
>
> Bill Holder
> Unix System Administrator
> Unix Support Group