Re: [squid-users] peer problem with 2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:59:31 +0100

sön 2007-01-21 klockan 09:28 -0200 skrev Michel Santos:

> why you then said in your former msg that you do not understand what I
> mean with x-forward ?

Because you were referring to is as having any other result than just
being added as a header, which it doesn't have unless you use the
follow_x_forwarded_for option.

> we know that all do we? But I ask your pardon for not using the perfect
> correct expression here.

Ok, let me rephrase. Squid does not care if the request came from
127.0.0.1 or a "real" IP, as long as the TCP/IP communication works and
the request is allowed by your http_access rules in squid.conf.

> perhaps you remember that we talked about this already and that
> unique_host name is proper set, so we do not need to look at this again?

Because there is not much else which could cause problems, assuming you
have allowed the peer access to use the parent (which I assume).

> ok, you must have hooked in here without reading the thread from the
> beginning. My first message asking for help states the errors and has a
> link to the cache.log(s)

The cache.logs I have seen in this thread only contained debug messages
from someone who have enabled more debug output than the default. And
wrt squid.conf I have only seen small fragment and where it was unclear
what related to your old 2.5 configuration and what was what you had
experimented with in 2.6.

> I must be on the wrong mailing list then ...

No, it's just me being tired, confused and lazy, but trying to help
anyway.

Someting is obviously missing from your problem description, so please
collect the following information in a single message, all relating to
your 2.6 setup only.

* Relevant parts of squid.conf from each proxy, this is http_port,
cache_peer, always/never_direct, http_access, miss_access and related
acls.

* access.log details from each proxy

* cache.log details if any from each proxy, without any extra debugging
enabled (i.e. just debug_options ALL,1, nothing more)