[squid-users] IE asks to download site when access Squid through HTTP 1.0

From: Mateus César Gröess <mateuscg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:39:35 -0200

Hi!

        Today I accessed http://www.guiadobebe.com.br using Firefox at
work without problems. Our network access web pages through Squid
2.6-STABLE9. Then I send the URL to a pregnant coworker girl and she
asked if it is a document file. Then I tested access with Internet
Explorer (6 and 7) and the browser asked to download or open a file
every time I tried to access that web page. Now I can access the page,
after setting IE to use HTTP 1.1 through proxy, need for the first
time.
        Is there another workaround I can use in Squid configuration?
There are many computers of customers using the same proxy and I will
have a big problem if they want to access the same URL or other
websites with the same problem. If I set the option "HTTP 1.1 through
proxy" in IE permanently, will it cause other problems? Is this a
problem with Squid or with the website?

--
Mateus César Gröess