Re: [squid-users] High CPU usage problem on Squid 2.6 STABLE9

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:26:03 +0800

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007, Jason Taylor wrote:
> Are you logging access_log to syslog?
> I used to have "access_log syslog" in my squid.conf and just turned it off.
> I saw my iowait drop from 46% to 1% within 10 seconds.

This seems to be an artifact of Squid's synchronous logging code.
(And, in your case, syslog..)
It'll probably perform heaps better once I've sorted out this replacement
external logfile daemon I wrote a few months ago. The logging performance
suddenly allowed people to write > 1000 req a sec to disk.

I'll re-read the thread a bit more and see what I can suggest.

Adrian