Re: [squid-users] squid.conf bug?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:41:33 +0800

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007, Michel Santos wrote:

> well well
>
> seems debug_option is an eol type and read by xstrdup so anything goes in
> here ... even icecream,00 and bitch,69 - I am not sure what squid does
> with both because neither the bitch nor the icecream are logged at the end
> :) still good right, who knows what nasty stuff they do each other

Well, it'll be tokenising the line on whitespace to find each of those section,level
pairs.

What you want to do is find the code which parses the arguments (which is
debugArg() in debug.c) and the routine which parses the actual debug options
list (which is _db_init() in debug.c) and teach them about the # character.
Personally, I'd put the check in _db_init() - check whether *s == '#' and if so
break out of that for loop. That, however, assumes you want the semantics
of "all options after # are ignored" rather than "that one particular option
with the # in front of it is ignored.". Not that the latter would be hard to do,
mind.

So hack it up, document the semantics in cf.data.pre (which is used to generate
squid.conf.default; so find the 'debug_options' section!) and then send me a diff.
You'll even get your name in lights. :)

Adrian