Re: [squid-users] Troubles with cachemgr.cgi

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:28:47 -0900

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tor 2007-02-01 klockan 10:39 +0100 skrev Roberto Navarro -
> TusProfesionales.es:
>

>> And then, I have tried to use cache_mgr as the user... and logged
>> succesfully.
>>

> The cachemgr does not care what you use as user name, only the password
> set in cachemgr_passwd.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Testing would indicate otherwise. At least when using Squid 2.5 and the
keyword "all". Using any other name (or none) allowed me to log in
(despite an error appearing in cache.log), but stated authentication was
required when I clicked any links in the cachemgr menu. Here's a
cache.log snippet:

2007/01/31 11:52:17| CACHEMGR: <unknown>@209.165.141.254: password
needed for 'menu'
2007/01/31 11:52:36| CACHEMGR: <unknown>@209.165.141.254: password
needed for 'mem'
2007/01/31 11:53:54| CACHEMGR: crobertson%40gci.net@209.165.141.254
requesting 'menu'
2007/01/31 11:54:33| CACHEMGR: crobertson%40gci.net@209.165.141.254
requesting 'mem'

I have not performed any testing with 2.6 in this regard, nor have I
tried requiring a password for only some of the options. , I'll do so
if I find some time.

Chris