Re: [squid-users] commBind: Cannot bind socket FD 98 to *:0: (98) Address already in use

From: Stefan Bohm <mlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:50:46 +0100

Hi Henrik,

thanks for your hints.

I increased the ip_local_port_range as suggested. It was 10k to 32k before.
But, how can I maintain persistent connections from the front-side
Apache to the squid?

The setup is as follows:

World -> apache2 (using mod_rewrite and mod_proxy) -> squid -> App-Server

As far as I understand, the connection from apache2 to squid should be persistent, right?
This might be a problem, because Apache's mod_proxy doesn't seem to support persistent
connections. If I'm wrong, can anyone give me a clue how to get this working?

Regards
Stefan