Re: [squid-users] commBind: Cannot bind socket FD 98 to *:0: (98) Address already in use

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 22:06:38 +0100

fre 2007-02-02 klockan 17:50 +0100 skrev Stefan Bohm:

> World -> apache2 (using mod_rewrite and mod_proxy) -> squid -> App-Server
>
> As far as I understand, the connection from apache2 to squid should be persistent, right?

For Squid the important step is Squid -> App-Server. There is no problem
accepting connections at a very high rate, the problem with the local
port range is making connections at a high rate..

But if you see that the server running apache2 also runs out of ports
then the same applies there..

> This might be a problem, because Apache's mod_proxy doesn't seem to support persistent
> connections. If I'm wrong, can anyone give me a clue how to get this working?

That question is best asked in an Apache forum..