[squid-users] Multipule Logs

From: Editor FoodSQM.com <davila@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 03:25:47 +0000

Hello,

I was just wondering if there may be an easier way to do this.

I am now, just recently, running multiple domains with squid as the
front end
redirecting to an Apache backend for some sites and a Zope backend for
others. Its working well.

For the Zope sites I have a written a squid-logsplit script so that I can
split the one squid log and run AWStats on the results.

I did this because a quick search on Google didn't return any results
for multiple squid logs and I knew I could slap out a workable script in
about 20 minutes
to split up the squid log. Now that I have a little time to actually
research the issue, the question is:

Does squid have a way to logging per domain? I can't find it if there is.

    Requests to http://domainONE.com --> logged in
squid-log.domainONE.com.log
    Requests to http://domainTWO.com --> logged in
squid-log.domainTWO.com.log

Or is this the right strategy? With the apache domains I am just parsing
the apache logs
for AWStats but with Zope that's not really doable.

Now that I have been using squid for a couple of years I should probably
learn what the
heck I'm doing. ;-)