[squid-users] Re: Squid not resolving some url's

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:42:03 -0500

More info:

I decided to restart squid and it refused. At that point it appears
that the redirector process ran away and the load went through the
roof. I ended up having to take it down hard. After restarting, the
box I found this in cache.log

2007/02/06 14:14:20| /var/spool/squid/10: (2) No such file or directory
FATAL: Failed to verify one of the swap directories, Check cache.log
        for details. Run 'squid -z' to create swap directories
        if needed, or if running Squid for the first time.
Squid Cache (Version 2.6.STABLE5): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.240 seconds = 0.156 user + 0.084 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 1

So.... I ran the proscribed switch which I figure cost me two months
worth of cache, and squid went back to running just fine.

Any ideas as to what happened so that I might avoid it in the future?

Thanks
Chris