[squid-users] identifying users in squid.log

From: Bernd Schuhmacher <bernd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 23:49:59 +0100

Hi

I have a little problem getting someting done with squid.
I need the names of the users of the internet connection logged within
the squid logs.

I have tried some thigs but nothing worked.

I have the following setup at the moment:

acl our_networks src 192.168.0.0/16
http_access allow our_networks
http_access allow localhost
http_access deny all
ident_lookup_access allow our_networks
ident_lookup_access deny all

The clients are running pidentd or gidentd.
I can see at the mashines running gidentd that there are requests for
ident. But the log of squid only shows up a "-" for username.

Does anybody have an idea where am wrong?

Squids's version is 2.5.STABLE9 running on a Debian Sarge. Clients are
mostly Debian Sarge (running pidentd) and some etch mashines (gident).

Best regard

Bernd Schuhmacher

--
Bernd Schuhmacher		Tel.: +49 06848/72144
Donaustraße 4			Fax: +49 06848/72145