Re: [squid-users] Digest Auth pass through possible with squid?

From: Peter Olsson <pol@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:52:39 +0100 (SNT)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:42 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> ons 2007-02-07 klockan 01:38 +0100 skrev Peter Olsson:
>> Is Digest Auth pass through possible with squid 2.5, 2.6 or 3.0?
>> If possible, how do I configure it?
>
> Proxying of Digest authentication and the other HTTP compliant
> authentication schemes has worked since Squid-1.x.. No special
> configuration required.

Ok, good! But we get this reply when browsing a Digest Auth web
through squid (2.5.STABLE13 in this case):
"
Unauthorized
Correct authorization is required for this area. Either your browser does
not perform authorization, or your authorization has failed. RomPager server
by Digest Access Authentication, which is not supported by your browser.
"
This reply comes immediately without possibility to enter the login,
and we get the same reply with Internet Explorer in windows and Firefox
in FreeBSD.

I thought this was because Digest Auth pass through wasn't supported.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

"Digest Access Authentication" is the same as "Digest Authentication",
isn't it? Or could that be the problem?

Thanks!

Peter Olsson