[squid-users] WCCP2 FreeBSD bandwidth increasing

From: Reid W. Johnson <rjohnson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:17:50 -0700

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a strange issue that is more than likely a
configuration error. I have a FreeBSD(6.1) box running Squid 2.6(9)
connecting to a Cisco 7206VXR running IOS 12.4. Everything appears to be
running well and traffic is being cached by the squid server but when I
start the squid server my utilization on my internet connection goes
from 10Mbps up to 13-15Mbps. As soon as I shut off squid the utilization
returns to previous levels. Not much point in having a caching server if
your internet usage increases. Any ideas what I have done wrong, what
information would be helpful to diagnose.

Thanks,
Reid

This message has been verified virus free by MxLogic, for information on this Email Defense
product please visit our website www.corenetwork.ca or contact a sales representative at
1-877-418-0138 email : sales@corenetwork.ca.