Re: [squid-users] Dansguardian or Squid]

From: Dino Dragovic <dragovic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:01:01 +0100

Alan Araujo wrote:

> My doub is if DG can auth users like Squid using NTLM.
> I heard that new version of DG can do it very well.
>
> Is There a way to set DG to auth and filter users without Squid ?

No, basically, DG will only "sniff" usernames from the NTLM headers as
they are passed to Squid; it will never explicitly initiate
authentication itself, so you have to configure Squid for NTLM
authentication.

> I mean, DG would works filtering and authenticating while Squid just
> cache.

Regards,
Dino

--
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds;
our planet is the mental institution of the universe.