[squid-users] Authentication

From: CHENDRIMADA, POOVAIAH, ATTSI <chendrimada@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:49:58 -0600

I am using squid-2.6.STABLE4-20061009

I have set up apache to require authentication for an object.
When I directly access [ not via squid ] the object, apache
Requests authentication and once the credentials are supplied,
Acceps the credentials and delivers the object.

If I try to GET the object via squid, the authentication pop up
Is activated [ just as above ] and when the credentials are provided,
The authentication is not successful - the pop up again asks for
Credentials and the same thing hapenns 3 times and then the
"authorization Required"
Error screen is displayed. Somehow the credentials are not accepted when
accessing the
Same object via squid.

Any idea why this is not working as expected ?

Thanks

Pat C