Re: [squid-users] Authentication

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:20:17 +0800

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007, CHENDRIMADA, POOVAIAH, ATTSI wrote:

> I am using squid-2.6.STABLE4-20061009
>
> I have set up apache to require authentication for an object.
> When I directly access [ not via squid ] the object, apache
> Requests authentication and once the credentials are supplied,
> Acceps the credentials and delivers the object.

Are you using HTTP Basic authentication with Apache? Are you doing
any authentication with Squid? Does the client know there's a proxy
in the middle or is it transparent?

Also, I'd suggest updating to the latest version of Squid-2.6. I don't
think any bugs were fixed that relate to your specific problem behaviour
but its always a good idea to follow the Squid releases.

If in doubt, do a tcpdump capture of the session to see the response and
reply between client<->squid and squid<->server; that way we'll have
access to the requests and replies and can see whats going on.

Adrian