[squid-users] setting up squid cache... possible how to

From: Gonzalez, Matthew <gonzal51@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:51:02 -0500

Hello,

I am setting up squid 2.6 STABLE on ubuntu server 6.10. I configured
some settings using the CLI; but also have webmin installed to easily
administrate. However, I have Squid proxying fine, but it does not cache
any pages at all. I have setup a cache_dir and ran squid -zX to make
sure its creating the directories. I am new at this and do not
understand how to setup squid to cache. I thought all I needed to do was
setup a cache_dir (3GB by the way) and that was it.

Please help.

Stats:

IBM xSeries 200
Intel 933 Mhz