Re: [squid-users] HTTPS on a port other than 81

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:54:28 +0800

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007, Krzysztof Pawlak wrote:
> Hi SQUID masters!
>
> I have a problem with caching the following:
>
> https://student.qantmcollege.edu.au:2096/
>
> If Firefox doesn't use proxy for the mentioned url, everything is
> fine. But if I activate proxy I have the following:
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved ________________________________

Its because there's an ACL which limits which destination ports you can
speak HTTP to. THere's another ACL for HTTPS.

Check out the acl's to do with Safe_ports and the http_access lines which
use an ACL that references "method CONNECT" for the SSL safe ports.

Adrian

> Please help. My SQUID version is squid/2.5.STABLE14

Please consider upgrading to Squid-2.6.STABLE9 - its much shinier.

Adrian