Re: [squid-users] apple software updates

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 07:32:14 +0800

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007, Al Cripps wrote:
> I have the same problem -- No solution, however.-- I have two different
> installations of squid. For squid 2.5.STABLE6, I CAN do Apple updates
> with squid in place (transparent proxy).. However for squid
> 2.6.STABLE1, I can NOT do Apple updates with squid being transparent
> proxy. Again for OS 10.4.x If I just take the squid 2.6 out of the
> loop via a change to iptables rule, then everything works fine (without
> proxy). With 2.6 in place, it fells every time.
> al

Can you please put that into a Bugzilla report? That sounds like a pretty
serious bug that someone should take a look at.

2.5 to 2.6 included some pretty big changesets so it might be worthwhile
to grab a packet dump of the successful and failing HTTP requests off
the wire using ethereal or tcpdump.

Adrian