Re: [squid-users] squid-2.6.STABLE9: SNMP: cacheClients not decreasing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:00:48 +0100

tis 2007-02-27 klockan 15:32 -0300 skrev Freitas:
> Hi,
>
> I am dealing with a problem ( not sure if it is a bug ), with
> Squid and SNMP. I am measuring some variables, such as cacheClients, with
> MRTG.
> My problem is that the value of cacheClients is not being
> decreased, in the situation describe bellow.

This counter is the number of entries in the client_db table. Clients
stay in the client_db for up to 24 hours after their last access.

It should not be viewed as the number of clients accessing the server
"right now". With HTTP being stateless it's nearly impossible to define
"right now". Instead it's an approximation of the number of users you
have on a daily basis.