Re: [squid-users] Configuration Question

From: Edward C. Jakosalem <list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:59:39 +1100 (EST)

Sorry about the lack of details.
Anyway, my sole purpose in running this server is to just capture our
customers' browsing activities. I don't care about caching. I just need a
log of only the _requests_ containing the date/time, the customer's IP
address and the site visited.
So what we did first on our router was we mirrored the active port to an
unused one, then connected this one to the server. So basically this port
that my server is connected to has no IP address. The gigabit interface of
course I assigned only a private IP.
Now when I do a tcpdump on this interface, I can see packets coming in.
Squid just doesn't capture them. And the reason I believe is that my squid
is not configured properly to do this.
I really hope I explained myself clearly this time.

Really appreciate any help.

TIA,
Edward