[squid-users] Squid Impacting Browsing Performance

From: Anthony Human <anthonyh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:15:35 +0200

Hello,

After doing some tests, I have noticed that Squid has a negative impact
on browsing performance. We conducted a test which involved the running
of portsnap with and without Squid proxy running. The performance when
running without the Squid proxy was much faster without a doubt.
"portsnap fetch update" was complete before the other box even reached a
quarter of the way.

I used cachemgr and calamaris to check resources and stats. Nothing
stands out screaming "problem here".

If any logs or further information are required, please let me know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.