[squid-users] Problem with squid and shorewall

From: Gianvito Quarta <gianvito.quarta@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:45:58 +0100

Dear all,
I’m set up a firewall and proxy using
Shorewall and squid on Kubuntu server.

I follows the instruction for the two interface shorewall conf and:
http://www.shorewall.net/Shorewall_Squid_Usage.html

Both shorewall and squid work fine when I use its separately
(squid work fine when I con figure my web browser to user the proxy
on the 3128
with shorewall configured to accept the request from local network on
3128 port).

Thus I try to set up shorewall to redirect all www requests on 3128
port but in this case,
when I try to navigate on internet, squid reply on my browser whit
the message that it is not possible to forward this request at this
time.

Squid is configured with:
http_port 3128 transparent

acl my_networks src 10.10.10.0/24
http_access allow mynetwoks
….

On ‘rules’ file of shorewall configuration I inserted the following
lines:
(where loc is the local net zone 10.10.10.0/24 and net represents the
Internet zone)

REDIRECT loc 3128 tcp www –
ACCEPT $FW net tcp www

Some one can help me?