Re: [squid-users] maximum netowrk interfaces

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:34:37 -0300 (BRT)

William.Z.Holder@transport.qld.gov.au disse na ultima mensagem:

> While this is not strictly a squid question,
>
> does anyone know the maximum number of virtual interfaces that can
> be
> created on a Linux box? I've got a proposal being shoved at me to create a
> virtual interface per section here at work and have individual squids
> listening to those interfaces (don't get me started on how bad that idea
> is).

as much as the computer supports

squid will listen on all of them unless you configure expl. in squid.conf

multi-instance squid is a good idea but I am not sure if it usefull having
an instance bound to an interface

João

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.