[squid-users] maximum netowrk interfaces

From: <William.Z.Holder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:20:25 +1000

While this is not strictly a squid question,

      does anyone know the maximum number of virtual interfaces that can be
created on a Linux box? I've got a proposal being shoved at me to create a
virtual interface per section here at work and have individual squids
listening to those interfaces (don't get me started on how bad that idea
is).

Regards,

Bill Holder
Information Services Branch
Queensland Transport
(P) 3834 5922

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.