Re: [squid-users] About a squid manager system

From: Felix New <moxnetx@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:10:01 +0800

2007/3/20, Martin A. Brooks <martin@antibodymx.net>:
> It sounds to me like you could benefit from using revision control
> software to manage the configuration files. The tool that springs to
> mind is Subversion (see http://subversion.tigris.org ). Subversion has
> a mechanism called "hooks" that allow you to perform arbitrary actions
> when a file is changed.
>
> Regards
>
> --
>
> Martin A. Brooks | http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
> Consultant | e: martin@antibodymx.net | filtering. Inoculate
> antibodymx.net | m: +447896578023 | your mail system.

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe i did not discribe my requirement. We need a front web interface
or other method)client?) to modify the all configurations of all
server( or split the file and store it in database, or xml) easily.
because login, vi, and logout squid box (a lot) one by one very
tired. i want to split the squid.conf and store to database, so modify
easily with web interface. but i don't know how to parse, split, and
reassemble squid.conf with appropriate method. consider squid.conf
direct syntax, modify easily with web and so on.

--
Best regards
Felix New