Re: Download time issue: Squid 2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:37:09 +0100

ons 2007-02-21 klockan 16:00 +0000 skrev Suman Mukherjee:

> In Squid 2.6.STABLE9 I have faced a problem.
> While downloading a big file, squid is getting timeout.

I cannot reproduce this..

> Reason:
> There are two socket connections.
> 1. Accepted request from client side.
> 2. Read data from file descriptor.

Yes..

> However after 5 minutes time frame connection 1 is getting timed out and
> that forced connection 2 to quit.

Not here.. the client connection gets the Lifetime timeout assigned.

> This got solved when I add the following line in clientReadRequest
> function within client_side.c before line if (parser_return_code < 0)
>
> commSetTimeout(fd, Config.Timeout.lifetime, clientLifetimeTimeout,
> http);

Now you are making me confused. That exact line is already there since
ages.

1.511 (wessels 09-Nov-00): commSetTimeout(fd, Config.Timeout.lifetime, clientLifetimeTimeout, http);
1.170 (wessels 03-Dec-97): if (parser_return_code < 0) {

Do you have any patches applied on your Squid source tree?

The other user said he installed Squid from FreeBSD ports.
Investigating. Hmm.. the FreeBSD ports collection seem to include the
still experimental ICAP client, which for some reason changes the
timeout management removing this line..