Re: Download time issue: Squid 2.6

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:07:34 +0100

* Henrik Nordstrom (henrik@henriknordstrom.net):

> ons 2007-02-21 klockan 16:00 +0000 skrev Suman Mukherjee:

> Not here.. the client connection gets the Lifetime timeout assigned.
>

> > This got solved when I add the following line in clientReadRequest
> > function within client_side.c before line if (parser_return_code < 0)
> >
> > commSetTimeout(fd, Config.Timeout.lifetime, clientLifetimeTimeout,
> > http);
>
> Now you are making me confused. That exact line is already there since
> ages.
>
> 1.511 (wessels 09-Nov-00): commSetTimeout(fd, Config.Timeout.lifetime, clientLifetimeTimeout, http);
> 1.170 (wessels 03-Dec-97): if (parser_return_code < 0) {
>
> Do you have any patches applied on your Squid source tree?
>
> The other user said he installed Squid from FreeBSD ports.
> Investigating. Hmm.. the FreeBSD ports collection seem to include the
> still experimental ICAP client, which for some reason changes the
> timeout management removing this line..

Yes, the FreeBSD port provides patches to enable ICAP client support,
due to popular demand. ICAP support is not enabled by default, though.

The ICAP client patch does or rather did remove that line. It's a bit
difficult to tell because the ICAP code and the patch look like they are
now developed against Squid-2-HEAD sources which seem to have diverged a
bit from Squid-2.6, especially in client_side.c. The problem I am facing
is that the patch used to touch clientReadRequest() but now touches
clientTryParseRequest() instead (which is only present in Squid-2-HEAD
it seems).

I have updated the ICAP patchset I provide for FreeBSD to not remove the
commSetTimeout() call in client_side.c:clientReadRequest(). The updated
patch will be available in the FreeBSD ports collection alongside with
Squid-2.6.STABLE11. I have just submitted the update request, so it
should be available within the next few days.