Re: [squid-users] sqid redirector for ssl?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:23:32 +0100

tor 2007-03-15 klockan 10:34 +0100 skrev Sebastian Reitenbach:

> it does not work anymore. For me it looks like that squid is not using the
> redirector for ssl
> traffic. is it possible to use the redirector for ssl secured connections?

It is using the redirector for SSL traffic. But if this is a forward
proxy then all Squid knows about SSL traffic is CONNECT hostname:port,
and this is what is sent to the redirector. The only possible result of
the redirector is to leave the request as-is or return a new
hostname:port where the connections should be forwarded.

In reverse proxies acting as SSL terminators full redirect capabilities
is available, as then Squid is proxying the HTTP requests just as it
does for plaintext http.. but the distinction between http and https in
Squid-2.5 as reverse proxy is a bit blurred.. to keep sanity upgrade to
2.6 in such case.