Re: [squid-users] Can't see user-agent header in access.log

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:47:45 -0800

Alejandro wrote:
> Dear all, I've a Squid proxy on a Debian Sarge box (I can't remember
> the squid version now). I want to filter by a "acl name browser" type
> in order to allow just Mozilla anc compatible web browsers. I made the
> appropriatte acl (acl webbrowsers browser Mozilla) and the filter rule
> (http_access deny !webbrowsers), but it doesn't work at all....Opera
> browsers can go through my Squid :(
>
> So I went to the Squid's access.log file and I notice that user-agent
> header is not present at all.
>
> What can I do to force the user-agent header to be present in the
> access log file in order to check its value ???
>
> Special thanks
>
> alejandro.-

 From squid.conf.default:

# TAG: useragent_log
# Note: This option is only available if Squid is rebuilt with the
# --enable-useragent-log option
#
# Squid will write the User-Agent field from HTTP requests
# to the filename specified here. By default useragent_log
# is disabled.

Check with squid -v to see if user agent logging has been compiled in.

Be aware that Opera makes it very easy to switch the reported user agent
(http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/570/).

Chris