Re: [squid-users] About a squid manager system

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:25:02 +0100

mån 2007-03-19 klockan 00:05 +0800 skrev Felix New:

> now, i want somebody can give me some ideas that how to parse the
> squid.conf appropriately and how to generate a correct new squid.conf
> by the info stored in my database. more or less, the number of
> statements of squid.conf bigger than 200, and some statements is
> sequence dependent...

General syntax:

line based, one directive per line

directive values..

Lines starting with # and blank lines ignored

(# also supported after acl lines)

Sequence dependent directives:

*_access
tcp_outgoing_*
access_log
and maybe a few more..

Ordering dependence:

Things must be defined before they can be referenced.

acl, before where they are used in access lists
logformat, before being used in accesslog
etc..

Standalone directives not referencing anything else can be placed in any
order you like.

> syntax analyzer?

trivial.

ordering requirements maybe not entirely trivial, but fully manageable.